Go to: Countries of Accreditation | Contact us | Honoury Consul in Kampala | Public holidays | Job vacancies and tenders
Head of Mission - Mr Luke Williams
Mr Williams is a senior career officer with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and was most recently the Chief Security Officer. He has previously served overseas as Ambassador to Portugal; as well as serving in Bangkok, Cape Town and Pretoria.
Mr Williams holds a Master of Arts (History) from Latrobe University; and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) from Monash University.
The Australian High Commission in Kenya is also accredited to Burundi, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania and Uganda, as well as the East African Community (EAC), the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat). It is also a friend of the International Conference of the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR).
Australia has an Honorary-Consul in Uganda.
Australian High Commission, Nairobi
Street address: Limuru Road, Rosslyn
Postal address: P.O. Box 3008 - 00621, Nairobi, Kenya
- [email protected] (general enquiries)
- immigration (visa and citizenship enquiries - select 'Nairobi' in the overseas post drop down)
- [email protected] (consular enquiries - for Australian Citizens ONLY; not for visa enquiries)
- Switchboard: (+254-20) 4277 100
- Immigration and Visa Enquiries: Please use the online form listed under email addresses
- Main High Commission: (+254-20) 4277 139
- Department of Home Affairs: (+254-20) 4277 189
- Chancery: 7.45am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 7.45am to 12 noon on Friday
- Visa, immigration and citizenship counter hours (by appointment only): 9 am to 11 am Monday to Friday
- Except for public holidays (see below).
Australian Consulate, Uganda
Street Address: Australian Consulate Plot 22, Acacia Avenue, CNOOC Building, 3rd Floor, Left wing , Kampala, Uganda
(Next to Khana Khazana)
Postal Address: P. O. Box 9421, Kampala, Uganda
Phone: +256 393 515 865
Email: [email protected]
Working hours: Mondays to Fridays, 9.00 am to 12.30 p.m and 2.00 p.m to 5.00 p.m
In 2021, the High Commission will be closed on:
- Friday 1 January New Year’s Day
- Monday 8 March Canberra Day
- Friday 2 April Good Friday
- Monday 5 April Easter Monday
- Tuesday 1 June Madaraka
- Monday 12 July Queen's Birthday (In Lieu)
- Monday 4 October Labour Day
- Wednesday 20 October Mashujaa Day
- Monday 13 December Jamhuri Day (In Lieu)
- Monday 27 December Christmas Day (In Lieu)
- Tuesday 28 December Box Day (In Lieu)
- Wednesday 29 December Additional DFAT Holiday
- Thursday 30 December Additional DFAT Holiday
- Friday 31 December Additional DFAT Holiday