Go to: Countries of Accreditation | Contact us | Honoury Consul in Kampala | Public holidays | Job vacancies and tenders
Head of Mission - Ms Alison Chartres
Ms Chartres is a senior career officer with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). She was most recently Assistant Secretary, Development Policy and Education Branch. Ms Chartres has served overseas as Counsellor, Australian Mission to the United Nations, New York; Deputy Development Coordinator, Regional Assistance Mission to Solomon Islands (RAMSI); Adviser, Solomon Islands Peace Monitoring Council; and as Second Secretary, Australian High Commission, Port Moresby.
The Australian High Commission in Kenya is also accredited to Burundi, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania and Uganda, as well as the East African Community (EAC), the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat). It is also a friend of the International Conference of the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR).
Australia has an Honorary-Consul in Uganda.
Australian High Commission, Nairobi
Street address: Riverside Drive (400m off Chiromo Road), Nairobi
Postal address: P.O. Box 39341-00623, Nairobi, Kenya
- firstname.lastname@example.org (general enquiries)
- email@example.com (immigration enquiries)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (consular enquiries - for Australian Citizens ONLY; not for visa enquiries)
- Switchboard: (+254-20) 4277 100
- Immigration and Visa Enquiries: (254-20) 4277 160
- Main High Commission: (+254-20) 4277 139
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP): (+254-20) 4277 189
- Chancery: 7.45am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 7.45am to 12 noon on Friday
- Visa, immigration and citizenship counter hours (by appointment only): 9 am to 11 am Monday to Friday
- Except for public holidays (see below).
Parking: Please note that the Australian High Commission in Nairobi does not have visitor parking. The closest parking is at the Chiromo Funeral Parlour, 400m down the hill from the chancery.
Street Address: Australian Consulate Plot 22, Acacia Avenue, CNOOC Building, 3rd Floor, Left wing , Kampala, Uganda
(Next to Khana Khazana)
Postal Address: P. O. Box 9421, Kampala, Uganda
Phone: +256 393 515 865
Working hours: Mondays to Fridays, 9.00 am to 12.30 p.m and 2.00 p.m to 5.00 p.m
In 2017, the High Commission will be closed on:
- Monday 2 January New Year’s Day
- Thursday 26 January Australia Day
- Friday 14 April Good Friday
- Monday 17 April Easter Monday
- Tuesday 25 April Anzac Day
- Thursday 1 June Madaraka Day
- Monday 25 September Family and Community Day
- Monday 2 October Labour Day
- Tuesday 12 December Jamhuri Day
- Monday 25 December Christmas Day
- Tuesday 26 December Boxing Day
- Wednesday 27 December Additional DFAT Holiday
- Thursday 28 December Additional DFAT Holiday
- Friday 29 December Additional DFAT Holiday
There are currently no job vacancies or tenders being offered by the Australian High Commission in Kenya.